Since Enon's church picnic was rained out, my crew is coming here. I'm watching Malcolm X on WHYY as I'm preparing some food (on the menu...bbq chicken wings. beef ribs, fresh string beans and red potatoes, pasta salad w/broccolli, all colored peppers and carrots, potatoe salad, deviled eggs and fruit salad. and oh yeah...homemade sangria since its at my place!)
This is the movie Denzel should have won the oscar for. My mom used to have this joke that he played that part so well that when they show clips of the real Malcolm X she wondered who he was.. WHERE ARE OUR 10,000 BLACK MEN?
The best part of the movies is when Malcom realizes that he put too much faith in the man/messenger (Elijah Muhammad) and knows that God or Allah or whatever you call your creator IS The Real Answer.
On of my mom's favorite quotes comes to mind:
THE MORE THINGS CHANGE, THE MORE THEY STAY THE SAME.
Is this really 2009 or am I in a time warp?
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
I've not really shared my experience living thru a physically, emotionally and abusive marriage for 16 years - for the sake of the child...
-
Miss Black Pennsylvania USA 2011 Jillian Patricia Pirtle was crowned on December 11th, 2010 to represent our state with her Arts Empowermen...
-
11 years later! Still a great read that gets rave reviews while spreading awareness about the different forms of Domestic Violence. The se...
No comments:
Post a Comment