Happy New Year!
It's January 2019, and I was just thinking that we haven't had any snow yet in Philly. Oh, yeah. We did have that surprise 3 inches in November, but, I was hoping for a White Christmas.
As my grand daughter and I made snowflakes by cutting up white paper, I began to think about the structure of a real snowflake as she began explaining to me how snowflakes have 6 points. I thought, "How interesting that such a tiny and fragile object has a six pointed structure." Then I looked up what are snowflakes made of. We learned that the molecules in the ice crystals join to one another in a hexagonal structure, allowing water molecules (H2O) to form a snowflake.
Each snowflake is a different individual, and by themselves they don't make much of an impact. Sometimes they get carried away by the wind. Sometimes they collide and damage each other. Most times they collide and work together and when they work and bind together, they can wreak havoc on a city!
What a basic and fundamental concept! Our communities could sure learn a lesson from these tiny and fragile pieces of matter.
We are all different individually, but collectively, if we work and bind together, we can strike a mighty blow.
Ponder that.
More to come!
Happy 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
I've not really shared my experience living thru a physically, emotionally and abusive marriage for 16 years - for the sake of the child...
-
Miss Black Pennsylvania USA 2011 Jillian Patricia Pirtle was crowned on December 11th, 2010 to represent our state with her Arts Empowermen...
-
11 years later! Still a great read that gets rave reviews while spreading awareness about the different forms of Domestic Violence. The se...
No comments:
Post a Comment