Guest post written by my buddy Bernardo Graham
As a child growing up in Texas, I was raised by great parents in a medium income family. We really didn’t have a lot, but we learned how to stretch a dollar and get our money’s worth in whatever we bought. My dad was always the one to teach us about buying cars and houses and all the things that went along with those. My mom taught me how to shop for everything in a house and how to find the best bargains on my clothes. I don’t think that we ever bought anything that was not on some type of sale or that we did not have a coupon for. So when I got out on my own of course I got my dad to help me find the perfect house for me. He also told me to shop for my electricity company through Electricity companies. He always knows where to look for anything to go along with a house. Now my mom is going to help me start filling up the place with some used furniture that she gave me, and she is going to help me sew my own curtains. Before I know it, this place is going to look like home.
Thursday, February 16, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
I've not really shared my experience living thru a physically, emotionally and abusive marriage for 16 years - for the sake of the child...
-
Miss Black Pennsylvania USA 2011 Jillian Patricia Pirtle was crowned on December 11th, 2010 to represent our state with her Arts Empowermen...
-
11 years later! Still a great read that gets rave reviews while spreading awareness about the different forms of Domestic Violence. The se...
No comments:
Post a Comment